John-Paul "JP" Wenger
JP Wenger has over ten years’ experience in the IT and security industry. Since 2015 he has served as Dahua Technology USA’s lead technical support engineer, leading his team to continually improve tech support resources, processes, and procedures. By conducting continual testing and research and building live product demos, he has become an expert on Dahua’s North American products and deployments. As such, he works closely with Dahua’s R&D team to provide crucial feedback on the North American market. His expertise extends to training and educating the Dahua USA team on Dahua products and on other security products in the marketplace.
Mr. Wenger is also project manager for Dahua’s learning portal and for the Dahua Wiki, which receives over 100,000 hits each month. He also established the Dahua call center, which boasts an 86% first-call resolution rate. Prior to Dahua, Mr. Wenger was a senior technical support engineer and IT coordinator for a major US-based CCTV supplier. There he wrote a Standard Operating Procedure for their entire IT infrastructure, created a master database of all security products carried by the company, and successfully resolved over 100,000 customer issues from all over the world. He also single-handedly identified a critical product flaw that was causing over a 75% return rate, and served a key role in resolution of the issue.
In his spare time, he supports special events surveillance company Unified Command, working with EMT and police dispatch to ensure the safety of attendees at Coachella, the LA Auto Show, Stagecoach, and other major events in Southern California.
- Web Design
- Technical Writer
- Enterprise IT Architecture
- Virtual Machines
- Networking-Copper, Fiber, Wireless, Long Range Wireless, etc.
- SIP Circuits
- Penetration Testing
- Securing and Hardening IoT Devices
- Cyber Security
- Coachella 2016 (Week 1 & 2)
- Desert Trip 2016
- Coachella 2017 (Week 1 & 2)
- Stagecoach 2017
- EDC Las Vegas 2017
- Pride San Francisco 2017
- Kali Linux
Previous Work Experience
- Location: Irvine, CA
- Title 1: Technical Support Engineer
- Title 2: Project Manager DahuaWiki.com
- Title 3: Cyber Security Group-North America Technical Lead
- Title 4: Technical Trainer-Internal and External
Q-See: Digital Peripheral Solutions Inc.
- Title 1: Senior Technical Support Agent
- Title 2: IT Coordinator
- Duration: April 2012-September 2015
- Location: Anaheim, CA
- Wrote a Standard Operating Procedure for IT infrastructure
- Created a master Database of all DVR products carried by DPSI
- Beta tested Oracle’s RightNow
- Assured new Software updates as well as Hardware are handled on a needed basis.
- Cultivate strong business relationships with vendors for business development.
- Inbound-Call Center and Customer Support
Morlin Asset Management, LLP - Los Angeles, CA
- Title: Assistant Facilities Manager
- Duration: October 2007-April 2010
- Assisted in the management of all 43 leased LAUSD adult education and administrative buildings
- Supervised and managed over 500,000 sq. ft. of commercial office space
- Managed multiple parking structures for LAUSD.
- Rebuild cubicles and Supervised outsource Union members authorized by LAUSD.
Arroyo Realty Partners, LLC - Los Angeles, CA
- Title: Associate
- Duration: June 2006-July 2007
- Created and maintained an IT infrastructure
- Abstracted, reviewed, and audited over 500 leases in investment portfolios in Hawaii and Arizona
- Managed the PBX system and updated the phone software.
- Managed Due Diligence of a $40 million dollar acquisition
- Milestone Certified Business-ready Professional (MCBP)
- Milestone Certified Design Engineer (MCDE)
- Milestone Certified Integration Technician (MCIT)
- Speech and Communications